A deposit of half the amount is required to reserve your time. Someone else may book the time slot you want, be sure to put down a deposit!
The longer you fish, the greater chance of catching fish and catching a big fish. We can go further (especially on the boat) and explore more areas. Standard options below.
Quarter Day | 2 hours | $100 per person. Boat trips excluded
Half Day | 4 hours | $160 per person
Full Day | 8+ hours | $320 per angler. Includes lunch. Please inform of any food allergies or aversions.
Rob accepts Square, PayPal, credit on the spot or over the phone, cash, and personal check.
Cancellation Policy: Due to weather will either postpone the trip or issue a full refund. It is up to you. If you bail on me the day of the trip we will not refund your deposit
Includes use of flies, waders, rods, reels, lines, leaders, & tippets etc.
- Discount of 10% given to groups of 5 or more persons
Rob does not guarantee that you will catch a fish. We will of course try for lots of fish and lots of big fish
Please indicate if you do not want your photo on the website. Rob will not use your name (as a lot of you are skipping work to fish or have a TS clearance)
Does not include fishing license – below for license information,
- Virginia Freshwater License
- Washington DC License is required for both sides of the Potomac River (Yes, that includes the Virginia shoreline) between Little Falls and the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. This includes Chain Bridge, Gravelly Point, and Jone’s Point Park.
Guided Trip Options
- Four Mile Run – year round walk/wade tidal flats or I can pick you up at the ramp for a float trip. #1 spot for novice anglers
- Gravelly Point – swing flies from shore at the base of National Airport
- Roaches Run – swing flies from shore in this tidal lagoon or canoe float
- Chain Bridge – swing and strip flies from shore. This is the main location during the spring run
- Pohick Creek – sight cast to bass and snakeheads from the boat
- Bull Run – drift and cast flies along the banks for a plethora of species
- Fountainhead – toss flies at structure along the reservoir’s shoreline
- Burke Lake – work the shoreline and depths for panfish to muskie. Ramp open 24/7 (boat has lights)
- Scott’s Run – wet wade the shallows for smallies
- Fredericksburg – wade in or we’ll run the boat up river and anchor for the spring run (full day trip)
- Little Hunting Creek – swing flies from shore on the changing tide
- Holmes Run III Park – learn aquatic entomology and how to fish a trout stream
- Seneca – wade George Washington’s historic Patowmak Canal for carp then the river for smallies. Minimum half day trip. Allow 15 minutes for walk in and out. Allow for additional 30 minutes of fishing time to make up for walk. Its an AMAZING location
- Accotink Creek – urban trout and bass fishing in Annandale. Float fishing tidal section.
Fly Tying Instruction
- $40 per person per hour
- All materials and tools provided
- Includes use of tools and tying materials. You get to keep all the flies.